Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Two Words: Cookie Butter

OHMIGOD. I've died. Died and gone to Heaven. 

I ventured on my first trip to Trader Joe's grocery store. It was smaller than I thought it'd be, but was far from disappointing. There are so many unique items that I cannot wait to go back and try them out, but I was only going to get things that I needed....ish. 

Taking a casual stroll down the aisles, I was in search of almond butter or some type of natural peanut butter. A bit bummed that I didn't find any of the former, I stumbled across something in what looked like a typical peanut butter jar called "Cookie Butter". Obviously, this caught my attention. Underneath, it said "a deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits"....that sounds weird. I'll take it.
Try not to look directly at this work of WONDER.
I get home and just have to open it up and give it a taste and WHAT THE TRUCK JUST HIT MY TASTEBUDS!?! You guys. This stuff is so good. Like dangerously good. It took all the self-control I had to not dive head first into this jar. I haven't even owned it for 24 hours and I have:
  • Melted it and drizzled it over Greek yogurt and bananas (YUM)
  • Put a dollop in my morning cinnamon oatmeal with blueberries (YUM)
  • Just had a brown rice cake with a little spread on it (YUM)
I. Can't. Stop.

It's got 90 calories per serving (a tablespoon), so it's not terrible in moderation (gonna struggle with that one). I'm already salivating at what else I can put this on. Pancakes...quinoa....apples...celery...AHHHH! Ok. Walking away from this and the jar.

No Trader Joe's around you? Hit it up on Amazon. Though it's much cheaper in store ($2.50). I swear. It's worth it. AND they have crunchy kind too. That may or may not wind up in my cart next time.

Have you tried it? Thoughts? Anyone else ready to start a fan club? I can't be alone in this.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried PB2? It is powdered peanut butter you mix with water.. The only ingredients are peanuts, sugar and salt. 2 tablespoons in a serving and it's 45 calories, 0g sat. fat, 5 g. Carbs, and 1.5g of fat. Sounds like I'm writing an ad for them, but I love peanut butter.. And hate the saturated fat/calories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenz - I have heard of it but have yet to try it. PB2 is on my radar of items to order (I think I have to get it online, yes??), and the last time I went to their site they were out :( - good to know you like it, because I too LOVE peanut butter!! I can't wait to try it!

      Delete
  2. I actually found it in a grocery store here.. But yes, online is probably cheaper too. Probably not as good as cookie butter, but it'll do until I can get to Indy next to sample it ;)

    ReplyDelete