Friday, August 16, 2013

It's the Final(ish) Countdown

It's FRIDAY!!! I'm looking at my calendar and am a bit surprised at how fast these last couple weeks have flown by. My poor apartment was neglected until last night when I forced myself to pick up and make it look like a somewhat normal person lived there. How is it possible for it to get messy when I'm never home? I somehow manage to figure it out. 

I'll be working on a few good recipes to share (no shit-muffins, I swear), so be sure to stay tuned in the coming week. In the meantime, goals I've set and races I've been training for are fast approaching:

Warrior Dash - Tomorrow 
Tough Mudder - 29 days
Half Marathon - 43 days

EEEK those races used to seem so far away and now they're like..1, 29 and 43 days away! WARNING: math GENIUS over here. I am super pumped for Warrior Dash. Maybe it's because I sort of know what to expect, having done it last year? Or because I'm running it with one of my BFF's again? Or because I've actually done physical activities, unlike last years' race where I hadn't ran in about a hundred years and wanted to die? Who knows, but I'm ready to eat mud and cuss and drink a beer. Hopefully it'll give me some more fuel for my Tough Mudder fire.

That one is still making me a bit nervous. While I've been running and working out, I feel like the running has been >greater than< strength training, sooo if I'm struggling, I'm secretly hoping a hottie with a body will be helping me up and over some of the walls, through the mud and under the barbed wire. Amber and I have a sweet tank top we're planning on wearing to represent the good ole Hoosier State in Missouri, which is obviously the most important part of this race. Outfits.

And then there's the halfie. I didn't really think I'd ever run one in my lifetime, because, quite frankly, I hated running. My hatred is a bit less now, and I ran 8 miles on Wednesday, the furthest I've gone in my LIFE (and yes, I'm going to say that every week when I tag another mile onto that run). My body is still recovering from Wednesday, so I took it easy last night, with the exception of kickass kickball, and am only training my drinking skills tonight so I can be ready to roll tomorrow morning for the dash. But the training's been going well, and you know what? Methinks I'm going to be OK in this race. A big part of surviving will be running it with my gal pal Dori, who's been killing her training and is my motivation for this race! She's always impressed me with her ability to move her legs in a way that propels her forward for extended periods of time. Her GPS skills? Maybe not so much. I remember she ran 13 miles when we were in Colorado for Robin's (my Warrior Dash BFF) wedding and got a bit lost. A few hours and a car ride later, all was well and she was back with us. I think we'll plan on just following the crowd in Milwaukee this time. I just hope I can keep up with her!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm beyond ready to enjoy the weekend. Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment